The ACPF Training and Outreach team is hosting an informational webinar and workshop on ACPF!
Informational Webinar – Monday, November 4th at 11AM CT
Do you work in watershed planning and implementation? Have you heard about the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework and want to learn more? Tune in to our informational webinar on Monday, November 4th at 11AM CT. The webinar will overview the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework or ACPF and how it can help individuals working in a watershed context determine conservation solutions at the field scale, engage diverse stakeholders in the watershed planning process, and determine which sub-watershed to focus on and which landowners to engage. Attendees will also hear how the ACPF compares to similar watershed planning tools like IAPA, PTMapp and HSPF-SAM to help you determine which tools will best serve your needs.
Whether you have heard about ACPF before or are brand new – tune into this free webinar to learn more!
Watershed Applications of ACPF Workshop
Calling all watershed coordinators and planners! We are hosting a training workshop specifically designed for you on the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework or ACPF January 6th and 7th in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
This workshop is specifically designed for watershed practitioners, watershed planners, and supervisors, decision-makers and private consultants who work closely with watershed coordinators. No GIS or prior ACPF experience is needed!
At the workshop, you’ll learn:
- How a watershed perspective impacts conservation work
- How ACPF compares to and interacts with other tools, applications, and models such as IAPA, PTMApp, HSPM-SAM
- What the ACPF is and how it fits into water resource planning and implementation
- How the ACPF improves the effectiveness of conservation work
- How to work with a GIS specialist to generate meaningful and useful ACPF outputs
- How to explain the assumptions behind each of the ACPF tools to farmers and other stakeholders
- How to use ACPF output maps to engage stakeholders in conservation activities
- And much more
Please note – this workshop will not overview how to use the ACPF within ArcGIS, instead it will cover how to use the ACPF outputs in a watershed planning context to positively impact your conservation work. Individuals attending this workshop need no GIS experience, however, access to colleagues or partners with GIS expertise is needed to ensure someone can run the ACPF for your watershed.
Registration will be open soon! Stay tuned.